Distraction or delay…

I accept I have a limited attention span with my modelmaking and from afar the latest distraction, especially if the interest isn’t shared by the observer, could just be seen as another frustrating delay… 

“James stop messing around with XXXX and finish off YYYY” - meanwhile I’m probably on to ZZZZ!

However, that said these meanderings are often just how long it takes to work out a problem or stumbling block with a particular scheme or prototype I feel inclined to interpret in model form. The wrestling of ideas, a balance of space and reality - this means long held interests can resurface and distract without much warning, whilst others languish unfinished, incomplete.

Wonderful N scale ScaleTrains Rio Grande GP30 posed on the latest Mosslanda blank canvas, provisionally titled ‘Defiance’…

Rather than worry why I’m not able to come up with a plan, a scheme or even specific prototype for my Canadian adventure I’ve written about here recently, I choose to embrace my imagination; I find this way I maintain interest, make things and feel happy.

That last point is the key here - I have deliberately freed myself from traditional constraints on scale/gauge/prototype/era and instead just make what I want, when I want…

Oh, and share it too - hopeful that my example may help others - in the very least the models and their stories should entertain, as they do for me…

Comments

  1. Nothing wrong with XXXX, YYYY or ZZZZ James!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt - I’m already on to the next thing as usual… yourself, Will and myself all seem to have something of this habit!

      Delete

Post a Comment