Llynclys Weighbridge…
Although the vast majority of my modelling is for myself, very occasionally I get the opportunity to build things for someone else.
Not to the same extent as Mr Hilton - there's no layout construction here - but once in a while I get asked to build things [usually small] for other people's layouts.
This little weighbridge is one such project.
I was sent some rudimentary drawings and one photo to work from - you can actually view both of these by visiting this website:
Oswestry Borderland Heritage - Tanat Valley Light Railway
Construction was simple - plastic sheet walls clad in embossed brick sheet.
I probably could have included an interior, but it didn't seem worth it. Paint scheme was an unknown, however brown seemed appropriate. I simulated an open window to bring a bit of life to the model - but that was a purely artistic touch.
A nice, fun little project to break up my own aimless modelling!




I like the slight sag in the roof at the ends (deliberate or not). It helps give a bit of life and ages it beyond the realms of the usual weathering techniques
ReplyDeleteLooks great Matt, as usual. I can see the attraction here - the need to build something, anything as a tonic to the day to day - it doesn’t matter what, or for who, it’s the process that matters…?
ReplyDelete